Monday, June 4, 2012

Random Rambling Blog: Trust Issues



Trust –
Noun
Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc.
A person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.
The condition of one to whom something has been entrusted.
The obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed: a position of trust.
reliability.

verb (used without object)
To rely upon or place confidence in someone or something (usually followed by in  or to)
to have confidence; hope: Things work out if one only trusts.

verb (used with object)
to have trust or confidence in; rely or depend on.
 to believe.
to expect confidently; hope (usually followed by a clause or infinitive as object)

Verb phrase
trust to, to rely on; trust: Never trust to luck!


--------------

Trust, so many different interpretations & definitions; so why is it, that we cannot fathom the idea that someone deserves our trust, our secrets. The idea that there is someone who could never betray us, loyal to a fault, constantly plagues my mind. Perhaps, the most logical and common reason for such a foolish notion is hope. But why hold on to something so flimsy that the wind for a sleeping child’s mouth can blow it away. Why continue to hold to a handful of sand when we know it only slips through our fingers. Do we perceive our friends as noble, loyal, loving and most importantly honest? When asking, what do you value most in a friend honest is always the response. Is it possible that we are holding on to a fictitious dream…?
                I was once an idealist, clinging to the hope that I could find such a trustworthy friend. The kind often found in novels. Bust as luck and fate would have it those people are truly a rare commodity in this cynical world. People as a whole, seem to be selfish and only out for what’s in their best interests. No longer do they stop and wonder how their actions affect others, the ones they claim closest to their hearts. I myself have had many memorable friends that to this day I would drop anything for, but they too are selfish none the less.

--------------

                So why is it futile to give someone that never ending trust, to believe in it whole heartedly? Simple, no one is willing to give that trust away blindly anymore. One must earn it, but yet earning that trust is almost as impossible as finding someone ‘trustworthy’. How can you ever hope to earn the trust of a friend when all you do is ask and ask and ask. I’ve learned to expect nothing and give everything in return. I trust infrequently and yet I trust whole heartedly. I know I can’t be an endless savior, I am no superhero. I have no extraordinary power. I give what I can, what I have even if it’s not much. So keep on hoping and keep on striving until you find it.


Until next time, keep your head held high and your hearts to the sky!





No comments :

Post a Comment