Monday, May 30, 2016

The Ocean Between Us...

Hey guys! 

So I know I've been all over the place an kind of MIA on all social media with the exception of reviews, so I'm extremely sorry! But I have a goodie for you, a brand new little something that I just wrote called 'The Ocean Between Us...'

Life has been a little weird. Had some ups and a lot of downs and I'm working on me during this little hiatus. My health also took a turn and I recently had to have an emergency surgery so that's another thing. 

I know I could make a million promises to post more original work and excerpts from current projects but I kind of hit a mental road block with all the medical stuff that's been launched at me when my back was turned lol. So I won't make any promises on dates for much of anything. That means no schedules till I'm ready!
The only promises I'm willing to make are 1. That I won't ever stop writing, even if it means that I can only manage to finish a chapter/project a month and 2. That I will keep on keeping on. I'm to stubborn to let anything keep me down permanently.

I will say that I'm currently writing a lot and that is kind of recent, maybe a week or 2 of this and I'm really happy about that. There is still a lot to work on and a lot of projects that have just popped into my head recently and I apparently don't know how to pace myself. But anyways, I have no eta for either Knock Me off My Choos or Birth Curse book 1, all I'm willing to say is that a lot has been written and fleshed out and I am going to look into traditonal publishing for at least Birth Curse. I will of course keep you posted as things progess but that's about it.

Now for the good part.

Like I said, I've been writing a lot and I kind of fell in love with this heartbreaking poemish peice that I just penned not even 30mins ago so I thought I'd share it with all of you!

Without further ado.

The Ocean Between Us...

There's an ocean between us with frightening and crashing waves.
There's an eeriness about that I cant will away.

How can 2 people who know so much about each other,
Two souls that have spent so much time together, be such strangers.
We were once so close and physically you are no more then 7 steps away.
How can we be so distant?

There's an ocean between us,
It's rushing up our shores;
Threatening to pull me in. 

Seeing each other daily but we're really far more than worlds apart.
Its gut wrenching to be so close to someone but drift so far away.
It hurts to choke back tears, to breathe through the pain.
We're closing more than just our physical doors.
The distance is real, tangible.
That feeling of loneliness, that helpless despair.

There's an ocean between us and I feel that distance overwhelming me.

You are right there but I can't even express my heartbreak
It will only divide us further.
You don't even notice the change,
Not until it affects you
That's when I become the villain,
The one who's different, who's cold,
The one creating the distance.

There's an ocean between us and I've lost sight of your shore.

There was a time not long ago when I could tell you anything,
Share everything
but that time has passed.
Is it the fear of losing my best friend,
The fear of losing my family that keeps me grasping at the shifting sand the waves keep washing away
Am I an idiot for hoping things get better?
For the distance to shrink? 
For a way to find that friendship we worked so hard to build?

Should I finally let the ocean that's separating us wash it all away?
 
Fin 
So I hope you guys enjoyed it!

 
Thanks for stopping by,

No comments :

Post a Comment