Saturday, May 25, 2013

Strive: A New Poem and Message

I refuse to be defined by what you see
To be defined by what u make of me.
I refuse to be defined by the sickness ailing me.
For you to think I'm weak.
 I refuse to fall into that cliché, that stereotype.

I'm more than the image or person I portray
Your assumptions won't make you witty or slick
They only highlight your ignorance

The world is made of more than your shallow judgments
Your preconceived notions.

But if you must judge me by what you think you see
remember the world may just judge you the way you've judge me....

Unfairly

I'm not weak, I won't break
I've been through more than you could imagine and still thrive.

I don't succeed in life to taunt you
I'm not who I am because of you
I don't do what I do because I've been told to

I'm me, I succeed, I thrive and I fight in spite of you


As many of you might have noticed due to the message in the poem above, I'm going through a pretty hard time right now.

Between my meds, rounds of treatments and doctor appointments I haven't had much down time or thinking time for any of my stories so I apologize for any missed deadlines or what not.

I promise that once all of this is dealt with and I can find a normal routine I will be back to the same ole me typing away at the computer for you all to read :D

No comments :

Post a Comment