True North Series
Allie Juliette Mousseau
Genre: New Adult Romance | 18+ - Contains explicit sex
Release Date: March 17, 2014
Publisher: Dauntless Hawk Ink
Goodreads Rating: 4.32
My Rating: 5.0
My Take On The Book:
Wow… whoa… ummm O_o. For lack of a better descriptive word or eloquence, this book was simply ah-maze-ing. I want no need there to be a book 2 right this very second. I love those North siblings and if this book is anything to go by, the next installment whethter it be about Sam or Jules and Nate (idc I wanna read em all lol) <3 will be just as steamy if not better. The North family is not only littered with drool worth brothers but you’ve also got a completely awesome best friend in Jules and a totally loving and supportive family. This is a must buy book by an extremely talented author who is turning out to be one of my absolute favorites. Its an exceptional start to what I’m sure is going to be an exceptional series.
Finding Home is a dazziliing tale of war vet Jake North and the girl who has always loved him. Told in the female perspective of said girl and childhood friend Olivia ‘Liv’ Morrissey, you are introduced to a romance so profound your heart aches at times. Its beautiful and heartbreaking and a book I couldn’t bring myself to put down.
You are drawn into this tale from the go. I am personally the kind of reader that will read a book start to finish even if it’s a struggle, even if I want to skim over words and phrases (not that this was an issue while reading this book). I will literally read everything from the title page and copywrite page to the last sentence in the author bio… so its no surprise that I read the dedication page but it was so eloquently written, poetic and captivating that you forget its not necessarily part of the story. I was hooked, there is no other word for it, so hooked that instead of stopping when my kindle battery was dying, I cozied up next to the closest outlet, plugged it in, and kept reading. I may or may not have missed eating a meal or 2…
The Great (Pros):
- Characters. Good and bad, each character’s development was on point and I could find no errors in their story or back-story. It followed a steady line from beginning to end in the way of no alterations mid book. I really hate when an author can’t remember their own storyline or characters. If a character is motherless, blondem brown eyed and tall with a loyal personality they should stay that way throughout the entire book with the exception of personality traits altering due to story progression and obvious things like colored contacts and such. This book is the perfect example of that, characters stayed true to themselves and their story progression.
- Story. The story itself the one on the surface, the one you read about in the synopsis is a beautiful one… but once you actually read the book and you get to the story within the story, when you get to know the characters, their faults and their strengths, the things that define them that is even more beautiful.
- Research. While reading this book, if you pay attention, you will notice the hard work the author put into this book. Not only in the writing and character bios but also in the research. I can’t get into too much detail as it’s an important part of the story but I will say that it’s obvious how much love Allie gives her books.
- Music. One of my favorite parts about this book was the song name for each chapter. It helps to set the mood of each chapter and you can bet your ass that I have a ‘True North: Finding Home’ playlist on my ipod. Each song fit the chapter and its mood perfectly so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were played on repeat while she wrote each line.
- Cover. Once again, a perfect cover for the book. Beautiful and intriguing and helpful while imagining the characters and their romance.
- Relationships. The relationships in this story are breathtaking. I love the strong family ties and the support given to each other by the North family. But I also enjoy the contrast with between them and Liv’s family. While it’s a sad back-story, I happened to like the diversity. The interaction between characters was appropriate for their ages and their story. Nothing it the way they acted with one another or situations seemed off or uncharacteristic.
The Not So Great (Cons):
- Not a single thing except that I have to wait to get my next book fix ha ha.
It’s a sweeping romance with real problems and realistic characters. A book the focuses strongly on family love and support as well as the kind you find in a significant other. It is sizzling and sad all at once wrapped up in a nice little package of seamless and creative writing. If you're looking for a real world romance then this is definitely your book. Ms. Mousseau is one extremely talented writer with an uncanning ability to weave a tale with characters you really care about. It's another one of a kind. Kudos to her :)
About The Author
Allie Juliette Mousseau writes sexy, emotionally charged New Adult Romance in a variety of genres and temperatures.
She writes from passionate and angsty; fun and light to intense and epic. She incorporates a lot of romance, tension, and hot and sexy spice. Always a HEA and stand alone - even in a series.
Alana Jewel Mousseau creates captivating YA worlds through the magic of ink. She writes brave but "human" main characters, imaginative plots and complex worlds; from High Octane action to exploring the deepest emotions - you won't want to put down your book!
She can always be found writing, playing in puddles with her children, hiking with her husband, or adventuring somewhere in the world. Her favorite place to write is outdoors, but when the weather gets too chilly she'll be inside at her desk looking at the mountain view from her home office in Montana where she lives with her loving husband, children, and 85 pound golden retriever, who likes to sleep on her feet while she writes.
With a free spirit, Allie loves to travel and has spent three years sparking her imagination while travelling the U.S. and Canada in an RV with her family. She looks forward in continuing her journey to see the world, while finishing her degree in Literature
Books by Allie:
True North: Finding Home, Livie and Jake - NA Contemporary
Enemy Lines - A Sci-fi Adult Novella
Without Borders - a sexy Contemporary short story
Books by Alana:
The Scars Saga - A Young Adult Sci-fi trilogy; paranormal romance series:
Scars of the Bifrost Bk 1
Unlocking Brisingamen Bk 2 - Coming Soon!
Ragnarok Bk 3 - Coming Soon!
Enter to win a $25 gift card, a signed paperback of True North: Finding Home or an eBook copy of True North: Finding Home. Plus, LOTS of other awesome prizes! Giveaway for all eBooks are open internationally; all other prizes are open to US winners only.