Monday, January 20, 2014

Moonflower by E.D.C. Johnson Interview and $0.99 Sale Promo!!!



Moonflower
Moonflower Trilogy #1

Release Date: March 29, 2013
Genre: YA Parnoraml Romance

ISBN: 978-1476232003
ASIN: B00CIE5P4C

Summary:

After Josephine Woods' father dies of cancer, her mother up-roots the two of them and moves to the city. Josie hates her city life, but her teenage issues are of little consequence when they have a car accident and she wakes up in a strange land (reminiscent of Victorian Europe) alone. Lost, with her school backpack as the only connection to her world, Josie struggles to find her way home. She is found by Lucius Conrí, the son of a Marquess, who possesses royal blood and the gift to shift into a wolf’s form at will. Can the kind-hearted Lucius help her find her way while winning her love, or will she fall for Donovan Conrí his older, more serious brother and heir to the Conrí wealth?



ON SALE JAN. 30rd - FEB. 5th!!!

Starting Jan 30th (12:00am PST) til Feb. 2nd (11:59pm PST) you can purchase this book via Amazon for $0.99. The ebook is normally $4.99 so your looking at a massive discount (about 80% to give you a ball park est.) 

Then, on Feb. 3rd at 12:00am PST the price will go up to $1.99 (still a pretty good deal if you ask me). That deal will go on till the 5th of Febuaray. Obviously, the earlier you purchase the book, the more you save!

Interview with the Author
(Interview provided by Author E.D.C. Johnson)

1)    First, tell us about yourself – where you live, your family, and those sorts of details.

            I live with my husband and 5 month old daughter in Palm Harbor, Florida.  I’m a transplant from Michigan, but relish in the sunny weather.  Before my daughter arrived my two dogs, a 5lb. Chihuahua and an 75lb. lab mix, had all of my attention.  Well, at least what energy I had left after coming home from hundreds of children as a public school art teacher.

2)   How long have you been writing?

            I have enjoyed writing ever since I was in grade school (I even won a Young Author Award).  I was told I had a talent for it by teachers, but never really gave it any consideration as a career—until now.  And, of course, going through college to get my Bachelors and Masters degrees involved a great deal of writing.   Art theory is one of my favorite parts of what I do and expressing your ideas in writing is essential.

3)   Do you have a favorite place to write?

<sheepish smile>

            Well, my favorite place to write is in bed.  After all the hustle and bustle of the day is over I can truly focus on what is flowing out of my mind.  Night is the most creative time of the day for me.  The story unfolds like a daydream or movie in my head.  I fell obligated to give public safety announcement though and say that writing in bed is horrible for your neck and back.

4)  Why did you decide to write Moonflower?

            It may seem cliche, but it came to me in a daydream.  Right before I was about to fall asleep I imagined this scenario and it began to play like a movie in my mind.  Then I incorporated my favorite necklace into the idea.  It is made of moonstone.  This then made me wonder if there was an actual moonflower, and, well, the rest is history.

5)   Who is your favorite character in your book and why?

            I’m going to have to choose someone other than the main characters.  Even though I like them all it just seems so predictable.  That being said, I would have to pick Konrad the old alchemist that acts as mentor and tutor to Lucius Conrí.  I can picture him so clearly.  He is brilliant, yet disheveled.  But when it comes down to it he is like an old oak.  Konrad is wise from his years of life and strong when you need someone to lean upon.  He has such a comfortable demeanor that makes him very approachable, like a grandfather figure.

6)  How about your least favorite character? What makes them less appealing to you?

            My least favorite character is Roderick.  Not that I dislike the poor guy, he is simply an extremely reserved butler.  There isn’t much to get excited about him, but his character is a necessary supporting cast member.

7)   Do you proofread/edit your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?

            Of course I have read, reread and had my husband read the book.  I go to a writing group and we exchange reading our pages and edit each other’s work.  Finally I did have an editor, a woman who is my writing coach and coordinator of our writing group, yet you may find a sneaky error in there.  It seems almost impossible to win.

8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

            Well, as of late I am all about being a mommy.  My 9 1/2 month old takes up a lot  of my time.  My other hobbies are creating my art and gardening.

9)   Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?

            I don’t get to read as much as I would like.  I have been reading lately to vlog for a review site.  This allows me to keep up with what other paranormal authors are writing and to continue to analyze what makes a good book.  One of my favorite classical authors is Jane Austen.  She is a real inspiration to me.

10)    What question do you wish that someone would ask about your book, but nobody has? Write it out here, then answer it.

What do you want readers to take away from reading your book?

            I genuinely hope people enjoy reading my book.  Without giving away the end I want people to debate the outcome and what it all means.  Most of all I hope readers think it was entertaining and are left wanting more.


Author Bio 

EDC Johnson grew up in the Midwest, graduating from Michigan State University with her BFA in Art Education and her MA in Art Education from Western Michigan University. She currently lives with her husband in Palm Harbor, Florida. Her decade of experience as a public school art teacher has inspired her to write fiction novels that will entice young readers. You may see some of her illustrations in Renee Mallet’s: Fairies, Mermaids, and Other Mystical Creatures.

Author Links:





Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for my review on this title,

No comments :

Post a Comment